Testing & Quality Assurance Stage
The Testing and QA Stage sessions are designed to help testers and anyone who is part of an agile team succeed in delivering high quality software. The presentation of new and innovative techniques and ideas for ensuring high quality results is an important purpose of this stage. The sessions in this stage will give you practical ideas and techniques to take back to your workplace. These sessions will be highly interactive to allow for experiences to be shared and learning from each other. If you’re a tester, developer, business analyst, coach, manager, or anyone else with a stake in delivering high-quality software, you’ll find practical information here.
Questions the stage will attempt to answer:
- How do quality metrics improve testing practices?
- How to effectively managing technical debt in test suites?
- How to ensure that testing “keeps up” with the fast pace of agile development?
- What skills should agile teams have to ensure high quality?
- What is the role of a QA specialist on an agile team?
- What is the relationship between developer testing and tester testing?
- How to test nonfunctional requirements on agile projects (load, performance, security, usability, stress, etc.)?
- How to create and maintain non-brittle test suites?
- How do distributed agile teams practice effective, continuous testing?
- How can agile testing help with compliance requirements (e.g., FDA, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
Stage Producer: Venkat Subramaniam, Agile Developer, Inc.
- Craig Smith, Suncorp
- Peter Bell, Skinnio
- Robert McGeachy, Waterline Group Canada
- Karl Zachry, LMKR
- Ken Sipe, Code Mentor
- Pavindar Gujral, Philly Kaizen
- Rod Claar, Effective Agile Development & 3Back
- John Heintz, Gist Labs
- Pradeep Soundararajan, Moolya Software Testing