Agile2012 Conference FAQ
1. Why is Agile2012 such a unique opportunity for Agile practitioners, experts and those considering Agile?
Each year Agile Alliance brings together attendees, speakers, authors, luminaries, and industry analysts from around the world in a one-of-a-kind conference. The Conference is considered the premier Agile event of the year, and provides a week-long opportunity to engage in wide-open interaction, collaboration and sharing of ideas with peers and colleagues within the global Agile community.
Teams, managers, executives, developers and practitioners across all disciplines and levels of experience will be well-served by this week-long event.
Executives may consider attending our Agile Executive Forum co-located with Agile2011.
2. How much does the Conference cost and are there any discounts available?
Refer to the Conference Registration page for rate and discount information. http://agile2012.agilealliance.org/registration/
3. What does my Conference Fee cover?
Your registration fee covers ALL Conference activities, including ALL sessions, special events, parties and social networking events. Breakfast and lunch is included as well as scheduled evening/dinner events. (It does not cover airfare, hotel accommodations or personal expenses.)
4. How do I qualify for a Member Discount?
Agile Alliance is a non-profit organization which offers Individual Memberships. You may sign up for membership here: http://www.agilealliance.org/membership/ . You will receive a confirmation email. Log in first, then complete your Agile2012 registration and your discount will be automatically calculated. (You may not use your Membership to register someone other than yourself.)
5. How do I receive a group discount?
If registering 5 or more individuals, your group discount will automatically be calculated via the online registration form at http://agile2012.agilealliance.org/registration/. All registrant's information must be entered at time of payment, and payment must be made with the same credit card or check/money order. This discount is available to both members and non-members of Agile Alliance. If you need help registering your group, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How do I receive confirmation of my registration?
Once your registration has been received, a registration confirmation notice will be sent to you via email. If your confirmation email has not arrived within five business days, please email email@example.com.
7. May I substitute someone in my place if I am unable to attend?
Substitutions from the same organization are welcome with no additional fee as long as the substitute qualifies for the same type of registration (member/non-member/academic). If the substitute attendee does not qualify for your rate, an additional fee may be required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time or bring a written statement/email from the person who will not be attending to the on-site registration counter to expedite registration.
8. Do I need to reserve a seat in any of the sessions or events?
There are no reservations for seating prior to the Conference. You may attend any or all sessions and events. We provide and open learning environment to encourage exploration.
9. Should I bring a laptop computer?
Although a laptop is not required for the conference, it is preferred by most conference delegates. Some sessions require laptops, and the conference encourages maximum interaction, and ad-hoc problem solving throughout the week. Agile2012 does not provide storage or take responsibility for laptops or other personal items at the conference.
10. What is the dress code?
Casual, comfortable attire is recommended. You may wish to bring a light jacket or sweater for the evenings or for varying temperatures within the hotel.
11. What is the cancellation policy?
All cancellation requests must be received by July 8th, 2012 in writing or by email to email@example.com and will incur a $100.00 processing fee. No refund of any kind, for any reason (including medical emergencies) will be given for cancellation requests received after July 8th, 2012
12. Once I get to the hotel, how will I know where to go for the conference?
Signs will be posted directing you to the conference. If you have any questions during the conference, feel free to ask a member of the Agile2012 Conference staff.
13. How do I receive the Agile2012 Conference Discount for hotel rooms?
The Gaylord Texan is the official hotel of the Agile2012 Conference. A special rate of $179.00 US/night is being offered to attendees of the Agile2012 Conference. We encourage all to book your accommodation before July 15th to guarantee this great rate.
To Book Your Accommodation at the Gaylord Texan - Click Here
Gaylord Texan Hotel & Convention Center
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, Texas 76051
- To book a "shared" reservation to split your charges with another attendee, please call the hotel reservations office at 1-866-782-7897
- Hotel check in is at 3:00 p.m. and check out is at 11:00 a.m.
- Gaylord Texan is a non-smoking facility. To preserve the pristine condition of its resort, smoking is prohibited in all guest rooms, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms and interior public spaces.
For more information on the Gaylord Texan – Click Here
14. How do I receive the Agile2012 Conference Discount on air travel?
American Airlines is the official airline of the Agile2012 Conference. To receive a 5% discount off the lowest applicable published air fare. Book your flight on American Airlines with Promotion Code 6482AX.
Note: The Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the closest airport to the Gaylord Texan Hotel, and less than a 10-minute drive away.